Orange! That's what I'm feeling now. Of course, orange is my all time favorite color, but it's also the first color that springs to mind when I think of the fire festival known as "Beltane".
Beltane is a festival of Earth-based traditions that celebrates the coming together of the masculine & feminine during the blooming, buzzing peak of Spring. Some folks see it as the transition into summer.
You might know it as May Day & you may celebrate by leaving a cone of flowers hanging from an unsuspecting neighbor's front door. My mom did that once when I was a kid & I thought it was so cool.
Maybe back in elementary school or once at a renaissance fair you danced a piece of ribbon around the Maypole?
Regardless of how you have or haven't celebrated this lovely turn of the wheel in the past, each year brings another opportunity to get down with the LOVE that is all around you!
You may choose to do so by making a fresh wreath of blossoms to hang on your front door or wear in your hair. You may decide to decorate a tree in your yard with all manner of flowing, colored ribbons or throw a bonfire barbeque for family & friends.
However you choose to mark the occasion, I wish you abundant happiness & JOY -xo
And- in case you need a little inspiration to get the creative juices flowing or you'd like to buy something special to honor the season, here are my picks for 10 Kickass Etsy Finds To Help Celebrate Beltane :
1. Floral Crown by Ella Gajewska Hats :
2. "Up North" hand cut steel fire pit by The Fire Pit Gallery :
3. Astrological Alchemy Sun Magick Oil by Organic Brew :
4. May Queen print by Emily Balivet :
5. Orange Floral embroidered sundress by Thai 108 Silapanana :
6. Beltane Bonfire beeswax candle by Moonlit Herbals :
7. May Day Dancers drawstring bag by Medieval Muse:
8. "Sun God" Madhubani-style art tee by 100 Krafts :
9. Spring Maypole print by Nancy Michalak :
10. Fortune Fire Starters by Fire Styler :
"The sun, the earth, love, friends, our very breath are parts of the banquet." -Rebecca Harding Davis